Monday, June 6, 2011

Project 365 – Day 155

Sunday June 6, 2011.

Run 153.

Hey finally a group run as planned. I headed to the running room store on Sunday morning feeling a little bit worse for wear after a late night at my neighbours 40th Birthday Party.  It seems that it was decided that since we were all walking home, and there was a keg of beer, we might all drink more than usual.

So I found myself ready to run feeling a little off and very tired from the late night no sleep thing. The good news was that the group I usually run with had competed in the half marathon the week before so it should have been an easy run.

May15Map

We ran the Griffith woods out and back. I started out running slow and then picked it up to a comfortable pace. Then when the group stopped for their 10 & 1 Ed and I continued on alone and did not see the group again until after the turnaround point.

Have I ever told ya this is a great run through the woods and is often inspiring.  This is what running should be like, the path is awesome (even though we stuck to the paved portion).

june5-3

And some of the scenes beside the path are downright tranquil.

june5-1

It was a great run and turned out to be fairly quick as well.  Just over 8 miles in 1:07, A very good day.

Plod On

No comments: