Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Project 365 – Day 157

Tuesday June 7, 2011.

Run 156.

I did get up at 5:30 this morning and got my kit on and got out the door. I missed the sunrise as it is just too damn early right now. But it was still dawnish when I headed out. I didn’t really have a plan but ended up running a 5 mile route similar to the May 18th run.

May18Map

I really love the mile or so in red on this run where you run towards the city and then up along the top of a coolie that cuts away form the river valley, before returning to city streets.  The view of downtown and the river valley through the haze was nice this morning.

June7 (1)

And of course I did catch another new wild flower blooming.  As you may have guessed my horticultural knowledge is pretty weak. Don’t know the flowers name but this is the first time i saw it this year.

June7 June7 (4)

My legs were tired again, I had 10 hours rest since my last run. No major issues, I can feel the hamstring when I run hills or when I stretch out my stride.  I am beginning to wonder if this is a stretching issue. The other thing I have been noticing is when I wake in the morning my lower left back is really tight and I have to stretch it out before I start my day.

Great run, around 5 miles in just under 40 minutes.

Plod On.

No comments: