Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Project 365 – Day 164

Tuesday June 14, 2011.

Run 163.

This was the run that just about did not happen. On Monday night I was making a salad and whilst cutting lettuce I managed to lop off a large slice of skin from the end of my thumb. There was excitement when I lost consciousness (sounds better than fainted) a couple of times and EMTs and Firemen showed up at the house. Bottom line I got a cute little toque for my thumb.

june14

I was in a little pain all day and did not run as I was concerned about how much more pain I would be in when my heartbeat picked up and the blood flowed faster. 

Finally, after everyone went to bed I decided to do a very controlled run on the treadmill and work my way up to a maximum of 10 min miles.  It just about worked. I started out at a walk and then picked up to 10 min miles, then 9 min miles, then 8:30 then 8:00 then stopped. There was no pain from the thumb during the run.

The run was great but the stopping not so good. The thumb started to throb during the cool off and continued until I had fully recovered and the Tylenol  3 had kicked in.

I finished it, and “that is all I have to say about that”. 2.2 miles in 20 minutes.

Plod On

No comments: