Saturday, June 11, 2011

Project 365 – Day 160

Friday June 10, 2011.

Run 159.

I did not run in the morning as I had an appointment with Dr. Nardella for my hamstring. It was an interesting visit as I brought my notes from the blog about how my leg was feeling and reviewed them and came up with a couple of issues; 1) I am getting an x-ray to determine if my legs are the same length, 2) the firing order in my left leg is wrong. The Glute is firing in the wrong sequence putting more strain on my Hamstring.  Interesting eh?

So I left the run till after dinner and of course as the beautiful day faded and darkness started to set in as I headed out. I did not have a route in mind when I left but decided to run the 4.8 mile dog park run.

June10MAP

Well before I got 500 meters into the run I figured out that the darkness was due to clouds when a light rain started. It was pretty cool as I got the fresh rain on pavement earthy smell for a while and the rain was not falling hard enough to soak me.  It made for some great views as I was running across the top of the dog park as there were some great contrasts in light across the valley from the clouds. And when the sun did start to dip below the horizon there were some great shadows.

June10 (5)

When I turned back towards the city I got a different view of downtown. Usually I do this run in the morning and get the silhouette of the towers, today they were illuminated by this awesome soft pinkish sunset light.

June10 (11)   Then as I turned away from the sunset the run was pointed thru the center of the rainbow. It was inspiring running into it and I paused and took a lot of pictures. Unfortunately none of them could come close to capturing the beauty of the reality.June10 June10 (10)

Back on the city streets I ran down Windermere Road thru the tunnel of apple trees with some pinkish clouds framing the picture.

June10 (3)

The blooms are starting to fall and there was a snow like covering on the lawns and gutters. The last bit of the run was into the orange skies of the sunset before finished back at home.

My legs were fresh off the acupuncture session, there was no warm up pain but I did feel a little tenderness through out the run. Overall the leg was good.  There is some post run soreness in the left glute area.

This was an awesome run, an inspiring run that will be remembered for a long time. Truely one of the great monents.  4.8 miles – 40 minutes of running time.

Plod On.

No comments: