Sunday, June 12, 2011

Project 365 – Day 161

Saturday June 11, 2011.

Run 160.

It was a dark day indeed. A rare day for this part of the world. A day when the skies opened up and the rain poured down all day long. Then in the evening it started to clear up and the sun came out and there was a window of opportunity for an outdoor run. So at 8:30 at night with the family nested in front of the TV I put on my running kit and headed for the great outdoors.

May16Map

I chose to run a small trail section on the three mile run and see how the footing was after all the rain. Amazingly there was very little standing water but I ended up getting soaked as I ran the section thru the trees.

June11 June11 (1)

As you can see the path is really narrow and the branches were sagging under the water load on the leaves.  The rest of the run was not that remarkable except as I was running across the park I ran very close to a couple of bunnies and then a mating pair of ducks that are way too tame.

June11 (2)

I ran close enough to take a picture or two with my old canon sd 700 is. 

My legs were fine, I could feel the tightness of yesterdays run all day so elected to go easier (never works).  Still did not feel any pain during the warm up but I did feel some tightness and tenderness on the upper outside of the left glute throughout the run.

All in all a run.  3 miles in 25 minutes.

Plod On.

No comments: