Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Project 365 – Day 169

Sunday June 19, 2011.

Run 164.

K – I dug myself into a deeper hole and am now 5 runs off pace for the year.  Going to have to run some short doubles to make it up. I found that the interaction of pain and pain killers and antibiotics zapped me for a few days. I probably could have run but seriously was feeling really bad for the week.

Sunday, fathers day, a day to desert the family and get a run in.  I headed to the running room to do a group run.  People were doing different things and I wanted to get a good run in but not push the pace, and run in a scenic place.  So back to Griffith Woods.

June19MAP

When you find something you like stick with it. The run was pretty good we saw some wildlife.  See if you can spot it.

June19

We moved off the pavement to the gravel and encountered the same river redirection that I ran into a couple of weeks ago, It was not so bad this time so we pressed on.

June19 (2)

When I got to the corner that headed back to the river the trail ahead was pretty much flooded so the turn was welcome.

June19 (1)

The picture does not do justice to the impassability of the trail. It was a little frightening at this point as I was committing to fording the river at the wash out and it was not looking great. As it turned out the crossing was no problem and we headed home.

A great run although a little slow. 8 Miles in 1:29.

Plod On

No comments: