Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Project 365 –Day 158 (pt 2)

Wednesday June 8, 2011.

Run 157.

Double up day! I was not sure I would make it to the running room for my second run given the pace on this mornings run. But the legs felt OK so I headed to the store for my Wednesday group run.

The plan was to do around 4 to 5 miles at a 10 minute pace. A nice easy recovery run. We picked a route that was about 4.6 miles long with some fairly hard hills and headed out.

JUNE8MAP

Things did not go according to plan, well they did for the first half we were a little fast maybe running 9:30 pace. Then on the way back things picked up a bit and the path runs across the base of battalion park which is a slight down hill and the pace picks up naturally, then the cruise into the store was very fast.  I think we were running a better than 6:00 pace for the last kilometre and it felt awesome.

My legs felt great there was a little tenderness from the morning run. After a slow warm up they were ready for the strain. I felt the push on the hard up hills, but nothing on the strides especially at fast pace at the end of the run.  I did feel a little tightness after the run and will work it out with the foam roller.

It ended up being just under 4.6 miles in just under 39 minutes of running time. a great way to end the day.

Plod On.

No comments: