Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Project 365 – Day 156

Monday June 6, 2011.

Run 153.

Well not sure that I can blame a late night for not running this morning as I was in bed before 11:00 PM. But, I will try to blame a series of late nights coupled with the effects of the Sunday morning hangover 8 mile run for sleeping late.

I did manage to get out at 7:30 PM and decided to drag the dog as my legs were pretty dead.  I ran a very short trail run (just over 2 miles).

June6MAP

It was good for the dog as she can run off leash for most of it. It was bad for me as she could investigate those interesting smells and forget she is supposed to be running with me, there was a little waiting time and a lot of yelling. 

There was a new wild flower out, I don’t know what it is but it seemed to be fairly prolific.

June5-1 (1)

And the Saskatoon blooms have all but disappeared. This picture is taken from abut the same spot as last weeks picture and as you can see it is now a bunch of bushes. Good news is the berries come next.

June5-1

My legs were tired and not much spunk in them. There was a sharp pain at the insertion point for the first few hundred meters then only when I was running the hills.  I could feel a little extra tension in the lower glute for a lot of the run. I think it may be picking up some of the slack from the hamstring. Otherwise a great run, just over 2 miles in just under 20 minutes.

Plod On.

No comments: