Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Project 365 – Day 150

Tuesday May 31, 2011.

Run 148.

It is hard to believe that it is the last day of May. A big month for me, probably the biggest since the 80’s. I logged almost 130 miles last month.  Now I know for an elite marathoner that is a typical week, but for me it is a real effort.

I managed to get to bed early last night and was up before the alarm getting ready to run. The plan was to do an easy 3 miles to help recover from the weekend.

May31Map

I followed some of the yesterdays route in a reverse direction.  This meant I got the great views at the start of the run and the down hills at the end. Suweet.

May31-11

I followed the path through the field of Saskatoons and they were pretty at sunrise. I think the camera flash gave them kind of an eerie look, but it still shows their beauty.

May31-10

The sunrise reflecting off the windows on the very expensive condos gave them an orange glow that was almost inspiring. The rest of the run was on streets as the city was waking up.

My legs were fine for the bulk of the run, I could feel them a bit on the steep up hill portions of the trail but overall it was a good run and a great way to start the day.

3.1 Miles, 25 minutes (I think a garminless day).

Plod On

No comments: