Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Project 365 – Day 137

Wednesday May 18, 2011.

Run 135.

I had a terrible night sleep, I went to bed about 9:00 and woke up just after 2 AM and could not get back to sleep.  So I caught up on the PVR stuff, read for a while went back to bed and finally just before 5:00 gave up all together and decided to run.

It was a cool morning run, cold enough that I wished I had a pair of gloves a couple of kilometres into it.  It was not so much the temperatures but that there was a stiff cold headwind  for the first half (uphill) of the run. This was not good planning.

May18Map

The cool thing about the run was that I ran out watching the full moon as it started to dip below the western horizon, then I turned the corner and got to watch a great sunrise in the east.  Kind of a new two for.

May18-1

The run was pretty good both legs were quiet, I could feel the hamstring at the insertion point only on hard uphill sections. When I started to stride on the downhill towards the end I could feel tightness along the length of the hamstring and surprisingly a twinge below the right knee where the bursa is.

Just under 5 miles in 41 minutes not a bad effort on no sleep.

Plod On.

No comments: