Friday, June 14, 2013

Freaky Friday

Streak to the beach - Day 75

Time : 34:29 Minutes
Distance : 4.2 Miles 
This Week: 18.75 Miles

Total: 242.05 Miles

Runner’s World Summer Streak - Day 19

Week 3: 18.75 Miles  
Total: 80.30Miles

Friday is typically an errand day, we usually spend the morning avoiding the cleaning lady. Today was a weird day today, one minute it was sunny and the next it was thunder, lightening and pouring rain. I took the opportunity in between the evening  deluges to get my run in.

Screen Shot 2013-06-14 at 8.07.58 PM

I chose a route that is relatively flat, with a gradual uphill for the first 2.5 km and then mainly down hill for the rest. I planned a fairly easy run, more or less junk miles to keep the streak alive. It turned out a little different the down hill section blazed by with some good striding. 

I don’t know why but the police were out in force in the area, I saw three patrol cars one with people pulled over and the cops with hands on guns, it made me a little nervous.

This was taken on the down hill showing a beautiful tree lined street in the sunshine.

June14-1

Then a few minutes later looking across the valley at the football stadium (the lights GO STAMPS) it was cloudy and rainy. Time to head home.

June14-2

A good day, I’m happy with the time and pace.

Plod On.

No comments: