Thursday, June 27, 2013

Tanning Thursday

Streak to the beach - Day 88

Time : 43:56 Minutes
Distance : 5.0Miles 
This Week: 15.55 Miles

Total: 292.95 Miles

Runner’s World Summer Streak - Day 32

Week 5: 15.55 Miles  
Total: 133.7 Miles

Another good day. It was a little cloudy when I snuck outside at lunch time to catch some rays.  It got hot enough today that the house was uncomfortable by the end of the day.

I waited until almost sunset to run tonight. It was starting to cool down as the sun was dipping below the horizon. I decided to run through the off leash area as it was late enough that most dogs would at home in bed. There is also a great view of downtown from the end of the park which is even better as the sun sets.

june27

You can see the start of a thundercloud hanging over downtown, kind of an ominous sign given our recent history.

The route tonight was an extension through the dog park added onto the loop route from my front door. I love the slight uphill section that runs along the ridge trails in the off leash area.

Screen Shot 2013-06-27 at 10.49.01 PM

It is a nice route with an uphill right off the bat and then a dip in the center and a nice downhill finish. 

I took it easy from the start and gradually picked up the pace throughout the run. When I was running through the off leash area I picked up about 50 little vampirish friends that swarmed around me as I ran.  When I stopped to take a picture several of them lighted on me for a snack. This is a good incentive to keep moving.

It was a nice run on a trail of good memories.

Plod On.

No comments: