Monday, June 17, 2013

Moody Monday

Streak to the beach - Day 78

Time : 26:10 Minutes
Distance : 3.0 Miles 
This Week: 3.0 Miles

Total: 256.1 Miles

Runner’s World Summer Streak - Day 22

Week 4: 3.0 Miles  
Total: 94.35 Miles

Today was another day of sun and rain. Afternoon thunderstorms rolled through and cleared off for a nice evening. Buying a loaf of sourdough bread offset the dentist’s visit and a visit to the British pantry to stock up on English treats and tea was just a bonus.

I decided to do a treadmill run tonight to go for the low impact workout and give my connective tissue a little break. After yesterday’s long run it was hard to get motivated to workout tonight. I went down to the treadmill thinking 10 minute miles for one or two miles.  As usual the first few minutes were a tough haul then things eased off so when 5 minutes rolled around I bumped the pace, then at 10 minutes another bump and at 15 minutes another bump and at 20 minutes I settled into a 7:40 pace for the last 6 minutes. In the last interval I could feel my knee start to hurt, so maybe I should back off on speed for a while.

So recovery turned into progression, an all too common experience.

Plod On.

No comments: