Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Twilight Tuesday

Streak to the beach - Day 79

Time : 28:57 Minutes
Distance : 3.25 Miles 
This Week: 6.25 Miles

Total: 259.35 Miles

Runner’s World Summer Streak - Day 23

Week 4: 3.25 Miles  
Total: 97.55 Miles

It was another wild day, raining buckets at noon, sunny in the early evening then cloudy and grey as the sun set. Well I did not run in the rain and I did not run in the late afternoon sun so that left the twilight for me.

Now if today had been Monday the title for this post would have been Mosquito Monday.  As soon as I stepped outside they were swarming around, and when I paused to take this picture I thought I was going to be eaten alive or at least carried off by the buggers.

June17-1

I chose a route in the neighbourhood that is a shorter version of a 4.5 mile run that I have done frequently. It combines trails and gravel, residential streets and a few hills. 

Screen Shot 2013-06-18 at 10.37.26 PM

Tonight there was a little surprise on the route, one of the fields I usually run through had this sprout up on it.

June17-2

It is time for the Hellenic Festival where the local Greek Orthodox Church hosts a weekend of Greek culture and cuisine.  Every year it is a great weekend party that literally rocks this section of town.

The other surprise was that as I turned onto the street in front of my house a black cat went scurrying across the street and a young buck with it’s velvet horns took off in the other direction. I went back to take a picture but the deer was long gone.

My plan was for a shorter recovery run and I held off  for a while but the pace picked up for the middle part of the run. Overall I ran an easy pace and just grooved out to running in the almost dark. It’s kinda cool for me as the darkness removes all the distractions and lets me focus on the run.

A great night and a fun run.

Plod On.

No comments: