Sunday, June 30, 2013

SlamthePavement Sunday

Streak to the beach - Day 90

Time :1:33:20 Minutes
Distance : 9.5 Miles 
This Week: 30.75 Miles

Total: 308.15 Miles

Runner’s World Summer Streak - Day 34

Week 5: 30.75 Miles  
Total: 148.9 Miles

Busy day, I started out with a 9.5 mile run at 7:30 AM.  Even at 7:30 I could feel the heat and humidity, it made for a stifling run.

After the run the family went to a live performance of les miserable, then walked the dog, and finally broke out the bike for day 2 of “le tour challenge”. I rode 7.6 km in 22.37.

I ran down to the river and through a part of the flood zone for the first time. The impact of the flood on the river banks and the flows was remarkable. The pathway was covered in silt in places, fenced off in places and just missing in others.

june 30-2

The river is still very high, but has receded significantly, the news is reporting that flows are still above the peak 2005 flood levels. This link is to a picture from June 8 and this is the same picture today.

June30-1

Screen Shot 2013-06-30 at 11.28.15 AM

The run was good, I was feeling some soreness from the bike ride yesterday and took a little longer fort he warm up.  Then I even held back and tried to run closer to a 6 min / km pace. I had one little incident where I was bushwhacking thru a fenced off area(the one in the picture above). I hooked my foot on a loose piece of wire and fell getting a little road rash on the heel of my right hand.  It was not hard enough to do damage but man it smarted for a few minutes.

A busy Sunday.

Plod On.

No comments: