Monday, June 24, 2013

MissingMojo Monday

Streak to the beach - Day 85

Time : 37:15 Minutes
Distance : 3.5 Miles 
This Week: 3.5 Miles

Total: 284.65 Miles

Runner’s World Summer Streak - Day 29

Week 5: 3.5 Miles  
Total: 121.65 Miles

Day 5 of the flood watch in Cowtown, the water has receded and people are moving back into their homes and beginning the arduous clean up.  It could take a while.  I took this picture of the river tonight and it is down quite a bit from Friday (Picture Here) but is still very high.

June24-1

The sun was out this morning which just causes all the standing water to evaporate and form the clouds for the late afternoon and evening which is when I ran.  I decided to run a portion of the Douglass fir trail, then run up the road from Edworthy park and follow the City streets home.  The objective was to get some trail running in and avoid the flooded areas.

Screen Shot 2013-06-24 at 8.52.48 PM

It was a good plan, but there were a few problems.  The trail conditions were not great.

June24-2june24-3

In fact it was a bit of a slog and when I reached the valley floor the trail disappeared under a large pool of standing water.  This required a bit of bushwhacking keeping on the downslope until I could make my way around the water and back to the trail on dry ground.

I was not running fast and between the exploring and the picture taking it was really slow for the first mile.  The second mile had a very long and very steep uphill section that pushed my limits and was slow. Then it was an easy downhill run home.

Some nights it just is not there, this was one of those nights. Maybe my mojo will be back tomorrow.

Plod On

No comments: