Thursday, June 13, 2013

Tardy Thursday

Streak to the beach - Day 74

Time : 30:00 Minutes
Distance : 3.35 Miles 
This Week: 14.55 Miles

Total: 237.85 Miles

Runner’s World Summer Streak - Day 18

Week 3: 14.55 Miles  
Total: 76.10Miles

The day seemed like a rush, I felt like I was late for everything and always hurrying. Even my run was put off until the kids had been rushed to bed. It was a big day for my son as his school soccer team battled for the gold medal in their division on a cloudy and rainy day.

June13-1

Unfortunately they came up a little short and had to settle for the silver medal. This picture was taken as I was sitting in the relative heat and comfort  in the car whilst they were not!

I had a little nap while watching the tube and then got up in time to put the kids to bed and at 9:00 headed down to run.  My motivation was this youtube video.  I was tired and my legs were rubbery but the thought of 1/2 hour for exercise out of 24 was god motivation.

The treadmill run was kinda boring, at least there is a TV in there.

June13-2

But it did what the treadmill does best and forced me to run the pace that I planned.  Tonight I did a quick warm up at 10 min miles then set the pace at just under 9:00 and held it there for the majority of the remaining run.

A good recovery run on a cold and rainy night.

Plod On

No comments: