Sunday, June 23, 2013

Stripped Down Sunday

Streak to the beach - Day 84

Time : 1:35:00 Minutes
Distance : 10.0 Miles 
This Week: 28.05 Miles

Total: 281.15 Miles

Runner’s World Summer Streak - Day 28

Week 4: 28.05 Miles  
Total: 119.35 Miles

Runner’s world published an article on running naked (without gadgets) here. Today I inadvertently did just that, I forgot my phone at home and that meant no map, no camera, no precise timing, no splits, no nothing.

Due to the flooding a lot of the routes I usually run were still closed. I chose a 17 km route that stuck to city streets and skirted the flooded reservoir but on paths that are well above the level of the water.

Screen Shot 2013-06-23 at 8.41.20 PM

This is a nice 16 km route with some serious long hills and a good mixture of city streets and scenic pathways, (even though the river looked more like the Ganges wide and silty).

This is what it looks like in the winter, today was much different but due to the technology nakedness I had to rely on an old picture.

Dec12-1

The run was good, I took some slow down sections and ran the hills hard and my legs were very tired at the end of the run. This was the longest distance that I have run this year I must be building to something!

A long run and a fun one.

Plod On

No comments: