Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Weak Wednesday

Streak to the beach - Day 80

Time : 20:00 Minutes
Distance : 2.2 Miles 
This Week: 8.45 Miles

Total: 261.55 Miles

Runner’s World Summer Streak - Day 24

Week 4: 2.2 Miles  
Total: 99.75 Miles

It was a tough day.  My energy levels were waning and my motivation was even worse.  In the evening when I was contemplating the run, the Emergency Broadcast System came on with a potential tornado warning, we were already under a heavy rain warning and were currently in a band of thunderstorms. So running outside was out.

IMG_5055 

So it was off to the treadmill for me.  Tonight’s plan was a recovery run, just enough distance to loosen the legs. It was the first time I came close to running the minimum.  I set the treadmill at 9:30 min mile pace and ran for 10 minutes. I then bumped the pace to just under 9:00 min miles and finished the run.

Some days it is just not there, tomorrow is another day.

Plod On.

No comments: