Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Whimsical Wednesday

Streak to the beach - Day 66

Time : 37:12 Minutes
Distance : 4.2 Miles 
This Week: 11.6 Miles

Total: 215.55 Miles

Today was sunny, cloudy, sunny, cloudy well it really could not decide. At least it was not raining. For national running day I laced up and headed to Edworthy park and ran along the almost flooding river.

Screen Shot 2013-06-05 at 8.32.14 PM

I wanted to do a nice flat slow 5K run after yesterdays hard hill run.  The red line looks like it was a hilly course but the total gain was only about 10 m.

It was not a tough run and the pace was a little quicker than I planned but I did not push the pace and was comfortable for most of the run. The route is an out and back that terminates at one of the oldest bridges in town.

June5-1

The bridge is a steel framed with a wood deck and is in service as a pedestrian bridge across the river. A modern concrete bridge was built right beside if for cars. I love the Bridge.

June5-2

It was a good run on a cool nigh and a change from my regular routes.

Happy National Running Day to our southern neighbours.

Plod on.

No comments: