Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wild Wednesday

Streak to the beach - Day 73

Time : 41:47 Minutes
Distance : 5.25 Miles 
This Week: 11.25 Miles

Total: 234.50 Miles

Runner’s World Summer Streak - Day 17

Week 3: 11.25 Miles  
Total: 72.75 Miles

A perfect day for a run 21 degrees and mainly sunny. I decided not to head for the running and to run in a flatter area on even surfaces to destress my knee.

Screen Shot 2013-06-12 at 8.08.52 PM

It was meant to be a recovery run, but it turned out more like a tempo. I wanted a long slow run on a flatish course to give my knee a little break. I thought it started out that way I was running a slight down hill (as the river flows) at a very comfortable pace. But the splits were coming out at 5;10 /km.  I made the turnaround point and started the hard part of the run and still was getting decent splits had a vary strong finish and a very decent run.

I took this picture to provide a comparison to the last time I ran this course in April.

June 11

The picture from my Run for Boston Run was taken in a location close to this spot and shows quite a contrast.  6 weeks makes a big difference.

Perfect day, almost perfect run.

Plod On

No comments: