Thursday, January 27, 2011

Project 365 – Day 27

Treadmill Run:   I decided to do a softer run (lower impact) on the treadmill, it was also an opportunity to give the dog a break. She has been looking tired recently and moving a little slow.  I guess like the rest of us she has to ease into running.

Now softer today did not mean easier, just a more forgiving surface and my treadmill shoes. I did a progression run working my way up to 9 mph (6:40 pace) and then back down. Started with a long warm up then into the meat.

  • 3 mph – 4 min
  • 5 mph – 3 min
  • 6 mph – 3 min
  • 6.5 mph – 3 min
  • 7 mph – 3 min
  • 8 mph 3 min
  • 9 mph – 1 min
  • 8 mph - 1 min
  • 7 mph - 1 min
  • 5 mph 2 min
  • 3mph - 2 min

This was a hard run for the treadmill but good pacing and felt great afterwards. I am finding that the treadmill makes these pace workouts easier to do as there is less of a mental struggle to hold the pace.

Great run 3 miles, 25 minutes. YAY

Plod On

No comments: