Friday, January 14, 2011

Project 365 – Day 14

Who can believe that I started this insane venture 2 weeks ago.  I have managed to do something every day, relying on the tread mill given the unbelievable cold weather that we have been experiencing. For the last week it seems that on the 5th day of the five day forecast the weather is forecast to improve. Problem is the improvement always moves out 1 day every day.

Today was a tough day, waking up with the alarm at 5:30 AM and forcing myself to get out of bed, put on running duds and head down through a dark house to the treadmill.  My lower back was sore, my upper back around the shoulders was stiff, my legs were feeling like lead.  It was a very tough motivational day.

Recovery run time.  No expectations, no pushing limits.  I started off with a very easy build up to 5.5 mph at a 2% incline, ran for 20 minutes, then an easy letdown to recover.  A hard enough run to make me sweat but not hard enough to push me. 

Recovery Run 25 minutes @ 2% incline slow jog pace.

All in all a good run

Plod On

No comments: