Saturday, January 8, 2011

Project 365 –Day 8

The streak is still alive, barely. I had a hec of a time getting motivated this morning. It was –7 C outside with a front going through. The temperatures are plunging, there is a light snow falling and a hell of a wind blowing. To top it off I had a few glasses of wine last night and was very comfortable on the couch.

The call of the treadmill won and I headed downstairs to the exercise room for a very easy day. I started off at 5% incline at a 3 mph pace (med walk), after a few minutes ramped up to a 4 mph pace (fast walk) then 5 mph (easy jog) then 6 mph (fast jog) then worked my way back down in reverse order. and finally finished with 2 min at 2% and 3 mph. For a total of 30 min.

This was the first day of the second week. Week one worked OK with the equivalent of about 15 miles of cardio and meeting the 20 min a day goal every day.  My legs and lower back are feeling the lack of recovery days which highlights the need for easy days if I am going to keep the streak going. 

Tomorrow will be my first run outside with the Sunday running room group. Looking forward to it and will have to work at keeping the distance and the speed down.  I need to avoid overtraining injuries at all costs to keep the streak going.

Plod On.

No comments: