Friday, January 21, 2011

Project 365 – Day 21

Awesome morning for a run and a big milestone, 21 days, 3 weeks into the streak.  A common belief is that if you start an activity and continue it for three weeks it becomes a habit.  Let’s hope that is true.

This morning was special as I welcomed a running partner.  My best friend Kada tagged along for the run.  She has run with me once or twice before and usually after a few tugs on the leash is a good companion.

runningdog 

We chose a short 3 mile route on city streets in the slushy conditions. It was bordering on freezing this morning so the snow that accumulated on the streets in our deep freeze was melting.  Going to be interesting conditions for the next few weeks as this chinook hangs in here.  Yesterday when I left my downtown office it was –8 and in the distance home < 5km the temps changed to 0 C.  Quite the difference.

Jan 21.jpg

Today’s run was 2.75 miles in 23 min.  A little slower for my running buddy, but a great day.

Plod On

No comments: