Friday, January 7, 2011

Project 365 – Day 7

OUTSIDE – I finally did my first outdoor run of 2011!It was –7 and a little windy so I ran a more protected route on the icy city streets. 

It is easy running on the streets at 5:45 in the morning, no traffic to contend with.  In fact the only time a vehicle passed me it was a cyclist on his way to work (Crazy Bastard).

It felt good to be running outside, the time passes quicker and I could feel the differences in the stride and more tension on my Hamstring as the stride and surfaces are not as smooth as the tread mill.  It looks like a combination of inside / outside is in the near future. Especially next week when the morning temps are going to be close to –30 C.

Did a reasonable run 26:59 with a 2 min warm up and a 4 min cool down which made 21 minutes of real running.

No comments: