Friday, April 26, 2013

Fatigued Friday

Streak to the beach - Day 26

Time : 31:00 Minutes
Distance : 3.20 Miles 
This Week: 17.95Miles

Total: 90.38

I could start this post the same as yesterday’s, complaining about how tired my legs were all day (true) and in fact how fatigued in general I felt all day.

It is a gorgeous day here with temperatures in the low 20’s, almost summer like.  Unfortunately the nice temperatures came with chinook winds. These are very strong winds from the west  that bring warm moist air over the mountains.  It makes for very pleasant conditions except for when you run into the wind.  I did a quick assessment and determined that I did not have the energy to do that.

It was back to the basement and onto the treadmill for a very easy paced recovery run.  I started off on the flat at 6 mph then eased it up over time to 6.5 mph and just cruised for 31 minutes.  I ended up running a little further than a 5K at a leisurely pace.  Sweet!

After the run we loaded everyone in the car and headed for the dog park for a 2 km trek with the pup.  We saw the first signs of spring.

IMG_5229

Prairie crocuses or is it croci. Every spring they bloom for a few days and then go dormant for a year.  This year they arrived earlier than expected especially given the hard spring we have been experiencing.  It made for a nice way to end the day.

Plod On.

No comments: