Sunday, April 14, 2013

Marathon Monday

Streak to the beach - Day 15

Time : 30:00 Minutes
Distance : 3.3 Miles 
This Week: 3.30 Miles

Total: 46.88

Today was a good day, I got to watch the streaming of the Boston marathon  on Sportsnet.ca/sportsnet-live and follow the tweets on @canadianrunning. It was exciting to watch Canadian Robin Watson streak to the lead and hold it for a while mid race, and not surprising when the Ethiopians ran him down in the Newton hills. Still an 11 place finish is remarkable.

I had hoped to do a treadmill run while watching coverage on TV. It would almost be  like being there except I would be able to run with the elite athletes.  Alas no coverage on our cable channels.

I went to work after the men finished an was amazed to watch the coverage when the marathon turned into a terrorthon.  And when I finally made my way to the treadmill for the run I was watching coverage of the senseless madness that the marathon became. It is beyond comprehension how someone can take out their grievances on innocent spectators. Nuff said.

Plod On.

No comments: