Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Tumultuous Tuesday

Streak to the beach - Day 23

Time : 36:39 Minutes
Distance : 4.00 Miles 
This Week: 7.15Miles

Total: 79.58

It was one of those days where everything comes together to get in the way of running. It was a perfect storm of events.  I got bogged down at work, my daughter broke her wrist at cheer and had to go to emergency, and relatives were visiting from out of town.  Anyway 11:00 crept up and I could not use the treadmill as it is right by the guest room, and I did not feel like running outside, so I postponed the run to Wednesday morning.

I was out of bed and out the door well before the sunrise (still could not use the treadmill, same reason).  I took an old favorite route that I have not run in a while.

Screen Shot 2013-04-24 at 6.20.28 AM

The route starts on city streets that parallel the river escarpment which gives great views to the north.  It then cuts back through the neighborhood to the river valley and finishes on a couple of km of trails that run along the top of the valley.

This is what the view looked like from the trail looking east toward downtown just before the sunrise.

Apr24Downtown

There is not much to say about the run, it was chilly, it was dark, and the first half of the run is all up hill. 

It felt good to hit the streets in the morning without any ice and snow.

Plod On

No comments: