Sunday, April 21, 2013

SnownCold Sunday

Streak to the beach - Day 21

Time : 42:07 Minutes
Distance : 5.75 Miles 
This Week: 28.85Miles

Total: 72.43

I woke up to a smattering of snow on the grounds and temperatures well below zero (Yes I know it is supposed to be Spring). The wind was still coming out of the North West which means cold and still no sun. 7:30 came around and I was still lying in my warm bed debating whether I should move and join the crowd at the Running Room for an 8:30 Sunday run. 

I listened to the good angel and headed out for the store. I met up with Ed I was thinking 10 km, he was thinking 8km. So we headed out on what we thought was an 8 km route.

Screen Shot 2013-04-21 at 11.45.44 AM

The route turned out to be 9.25 km, a good compromise.

We started out a a slower pace as, my legs were still tired from yesterday’s Run for Boston effort then slowly picked it up.  When we reached the 6 km we spotted another group of runners ahead of us and started to pick up the pace. It took a few hundred meters to catch the group in front of us, pass them and pick up a runner from that group. Then the sun came out, the route flattened out with a slight down hill all the way home.  With a kilometer left to go we opened up our strides and brought it home at a fast pace.

A very good way to end a week of running.

Plod On.

No comments: