Sunday, April 28, 2013

Solo Sunday

Streak to the beach - Day 28

Time : 54:44 Minutes
Distance : 6.00 Miles 
This Week: 28.45 Miles

Total: 100.88

Woot broke 100 miles this month!

I woke up at 7:30, thought about getting up and driving to the Running Room to run with the group. I did not. Instead I stayed snuggled in my warm bed until the rest of the house started to move and then reluctantly left my cocoon and joined the world.

This meant I had to pick a longer route and run it on my own.  I selected a 10 K route that starts out running on the streets around the neighbourhood and then does a steep run down the escarpment to the river pathway system. The route then runs along the south side of the river for about 3 km and then climbs back up the river valley on the way home.

April 28-3

It is quite a hard run on the ascent with some switch backs and steep inclines on a gravel bike path.

April28-1

This is a view of downtown from the pathway, you can see the towers in the center of the picture at the tree line. This is about 5 km from the core.

April28-2

It is hard to believe you can find runs like this so close to the down town core of a major city. Some of the paths a few meters from here run several km up and down the escarpment.  That is a little harder than I was ready for today.

Plod On.

No comments: