Sunday, April 7, 2013

Stay Inside Saturday

Streak to the beach - Day 6

Time : 25:10 Minutes
Distance : 2.75 Miles
Total: 15.33 miles

It was a cold grey depressing kind of day, we woke up to fog and progresses to a light snow. There is only one thing to do on a day like that, head to the dungeon and start the torture of the treadmill.

I don’t know that I would ever complete a treadmill run if I did not have a TV to watch.  As it is I do a lot of counting to keep my motivation going. I average 80 right foot strikes a minute, I count them ( I know I should be doing 90 but lets face it I ain’t getting younger).  Sometimes I just count to four over and over again, and sometimes I practice strumming patterns to a four count.  Who would have thought that running was such a mathematical sport.  But for the bulk of my runs I watch sports center and it turns out that 25 minutes is the perfect amount of time to catch all the highlights of yesterday’s sports action. It gives me adequate information to appear knowledgeable and caring when I have to enter into casual conversations with business colleagues. “Did you see that goal that Iggy scored” …  Otherwise I really do not give a rats ass how the Flames or the Blue Jays are doing.  Now it would be very cool if I could find live coverage of Boston and run with the elite runners. I’ll have to think about that.

This mornings run was OK. Had a nice warm up then settled into a groove in around 9:30 min miles and slowly progressed to 8:30 on a 1% incline.  I was pretty happy when I got the speed over 7 mph for the last few minutes of the run and not so happy when my SI joint started to ache. All in all a fun run.

Plod On.

No comments: