Monday, April 22, 2013

Middling Monday

Streak to the beach - Day 22

Time : 30:00 Minutes
Distance : 3.15 Miles 
This Week: 3.15Miles

Total: 75.58

What a day, not a good day, not a bad day, just a day. I woke up this morning with calves of steel, not that they were strong but locked up stiff and sore from yesterdays run.  I should go back and look at my splits to see what pace that last km was because I sure feels like my out of shape body used my kick.

Having run over 10 miles in the last 2 days I decided that we would back off on the pace for tonight’s run. The goal was to pick a leisurely pace and call it a recovery run.  Not a bad way to start week 4 of the “streak to the beach”.

My target was to keep the pace in between 9 & 10 minute pace. I set the treadmill at 6.2 mph and 0.5% incline, turned on the TV and settled into the run. I moved the pace up to 6.5 mph then finished at 6.7 mph. Nothing remarkable happened.  It was not a good run, it was not a bad run it was just a run.

Plod On.

No comments: