Thursday, April 25, 2013

Tender Thursday

Streak to the beach - Day 25

Time : 26:10 Minutes
Distance : 3.10 Miles 
This Week: 14.75Miles

Total: 87.18

All day long my legs were feeling the impact of yesterday’s efforts. It was another explosive workday, with a mad dash at the end to make a deadline.  Then kids activities and finally some time to hit the treadmill.

My plan was to run an easy recovery run and kind of take a day off.  I did not stick to the plan.  I set the speed at 6.4 mph (9:23 pace) for the first mile.  It was a struggle for the first few minutes to hold the pace and I found my feet hitting the back of the treadmill. Then around the 5 minute mark it just got easier. I finished the first mile and hummed then my fingers found their way to the speed button and poof we were running at 6.9 mph (8:45 pace). I struggled with this for one mile, then poof my fingers did it again and I found myself  running at 7.6 mph (7:54 min mile). Again I struggled to hold this for one mile, staring at the screen trying to calculate how long it would take to hit the 3 mile mark.  Once the countdown was done and I had I finished that mile I backed off the pace, cooled down and collapsed beside the treadmill.

A good hard progression run grew out of a recovery run.  Not a bad day.

Plod on.

No comments: