Friday, April 19, 2013

Flexible Friday

Streak to the beach - Day 19

Time : 30:00Minutes
Distance : 3.1 Miles 
This Week: 18.10 Miles

Total: 61.68

There was no plan today! I headed down to the treadmill with only the thought that I would hold back on the pace and let my legs recover from the workout that I gave them last night.  I had thoughts of running 40 minutes or 60 minutes at a slower pace.  I ended up deciding after 15 minutes that I would go for  30 minutes.

I ended up watching the CNN  coverage of capture of the second of the Boston Bombers while running, and listened to the post capture press conference. It cemented my plans to run in the “Run for Boston” tomorrow morning.  This is a grass roots run that has been thrown together to show support for events of the last week. Ultimately this was the decider on the 30 minutes, saving some for the run tomorrow.

I kept the pace in between a 9:00 minute pace and a 10:00 minute pace with a slight incline. An idiosyncrasy of either the  treadmill or my stride is that there is less movement and vibration at a 0.5% incline. So that is where I run. 

an Ok run.

Plod On.

No comments: