Sunday, April 7, 2013

Snowy Sunday

Streak to the beach - Day 7

Time : 48:10 Minutes
Distance : 5.00 Miles
Total: 20.33 miles

I’d like to say the weather got better but it did not, in fact it took a turn for the worst.  It started to snow  in the morning and continued for the day with accumulation toward evening. 

IMG_1116

We had an overnight houseguest so missed the running room Sunday morning  run and got a later start than I would have liked.  Then waited for a break in the weather ( that did not happen) then finally buckled down and headed for the treadmill for one of my longest treadmill runs ever. Set the treadmill for a .5% incline and 6 mph then let the monotony set in.

The run was OK (but boring) I took an easy pace and slowly worked the pace up but overall maintained a reasonable tempo. I can not figure out how people run that far on treadmills on a regular basis. But to each their own and my own is the great outdoors.

Plod On

No comments: