Monday, May 2, 2011

Project 365 – Day 121

Monday May 2, 2011.

Run 118

Wow lots going on today, Bin Laden is dead, Canada is going to the polls which could give us a new government. I was heading down to the treadmill at 5:45 AM to get a run in. This was tough because I had run at 8:30 PM last night. Now less than 12 hours later I was heading back to the treadmill.

The plan for this morning was simple, a 20 minute easy run. I warmed up at nine minute miles then went to just below 8s for the rest of the 20 minute run.  A nice consistent pace.

I ended up running just under 2.5 Miles in the 20 minutes and it felt good on my tired legs.

I cooled off outside and watched the steam rise off my body in the cool morning air. Very neat. The one down side of the day was that  as I updated my Runnersworld training log and looked at the totals I discovered that my total distance for 2011 was 399.6 miles. Another 3 minutes on that device this morning and I would have broken 400.

Otherwise Great Day, Great run. 

Plod On

No comments: