Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Project 365 – Day 136

Tuesday May 17, 2011.

Run 134.

What to say about today? My legs were a little stiff and sore this morning so I decided to have some fun and do a connective tissue run. So I set off to find a route that runs as much as possible on trails or gravel paths.

May17Map

I was pretty successful. On this route there are a couple of hundred meters at the start/finish on pavement and a couple of hundred meters in the middle on a paved bike path.  The down side of the run is reflected in the elevation thingy at the bottom of the route. The drop to the river is about 350 feet, that means steep down-hills and a long uphill finish.

But it was a beautiful day, the temperature was about three degrees to start and running down to the river meant 2 sunrises, one from the top of the escarpment and one from river level. Very cool.  The path I chose along the river valley is an old road that is only used for railway access and is a pretty run, usually with some wild life.

May17-1

The only wildlife I saw today where 2 other runners on the  paved bike path that parallels the road. The intersects with the pathway system where there is only room for one path between the tracks and the river.

May17-2

This was my second sunrise. It was a very pretty scene. I like the way the light is striking the bridges.

My legs were a little on the stiff side this morning so I chose and low impact route and planned to run slower.  I felt a sharpish pain at the top of the hamstring on the steep downs and the steep ups other than that the legs were clear.  Post run there is a tiredness in both hamstrings but no stiffness or pain.

Ran 3.25 miles in about 30 minutes including a tough 2 km uphill run. A good day.

Plod On

No comments: