Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Project 365 – Day 149

Monday May 30, 2011

Run 147.

This running stuff must be getting old as I am getting better and better at procrastinating and putting off the runs until later in the day.  I did manage to get today's run in before dinner, good thing as I pretty much crashed after dinner.

May30Map

The run is a route which is primarily pavement and runs on older tree lined streets along the top of the river escarpment. There are some interesting views.

may31-2

and some opportunities for trail running just off the street.

may31-3

During the last part of the run I ran the path that skirts the escarpment running part way down the hill and then back up.  Today the Saskatoon Blossoms were out and it was really cool as the path runs through a field of these bushes.

may31-5

It was very pretty, too bad they will be gone in less than a week. The good news is that at the end of July the bushes will be full of berries which will make for a good in run snack.

Also in the open areas these yellow flowers were blooming, don’t know what they are, they could be weeds for all I know.

may31-6

My legs were dead at the start of the run and I wondered if I was going to make the 4.5 miles.  I had a sharp pain at the insertion point on each stride for the first 300 meters then it eased up and I settled into a very comfortable run.  A little ham tightness after the run but used the foam roller and fixed that.

4.5 miles 35 minutes a really fun run.

Plod On

No comments: