Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Project 365 – Day 122

Tuesday May 3, 2011

Run 119

It was difficult to get motivated this morning. I admit it I had a glass or two of wine last night while watching the election coverage and was up later (11:30) than usual.  Big surprises in the Canadian election, Conservative Majority, Demise of the liberals and the bloc, and the rise of the NDP.  It is going to be an interesting few years in this country.

I have more or less decided that I should take it easier on the mileage this week. It is good to back off every once in a while and I just can not do more than about a half an hour on the treadmill, 20 minutes sometimes seems like a long time. Most of all I do not feel right about the kids waking up in the house when I am out running (single parent thing).

So this morning (late) I headed to the treadmill and punched out a 20:20 minute run for 2,5 miles. It seems that I have shifted to around 8 minute miles for my comfort zone and am usually pushing a portion of the run at 7:30 or just under 7:00 must be getting a little better. Now if only this impacted my bulging belly.

The big bonus is that I broke the 400 mile milestone this morning. 97.5 miles to the big 500 – what the guys driving Daytona do in a couple of hours. Now there is a thought.

Plod On.

No comments: