Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Project 365 – Day 129

Tuesday May 10, 2011

Run 126.

Nice night, crashed early and almost slept thru to the alarm.  There was about an hour of pre alarm delirium where I faded in and out of sleep.  This is a nice way to wake up relaxed.

Once up I headed down to the treadmill for a tempo run. I set the pace at 8 mi/hr (7:30 min mile) and started to stride. It was tough, I have run this pace before for parts of my treadmill runs but this is the first time I started at that pace and held it thru the run. For the last 2 minutes of the run I bumped the pace by small amounts every 30 seconds and did my last 30 at 6:45 pace. 

I sat outside on the front porch to cool off and play with twitter. The morning was cool enough that you could see the steam rising from my sweating body, very cool. I finished 2.7 miles in the 20 minutes.

All in all it was a very good run and it felt great and I could have gone faster.  That is what feels great, I’m coming back baby.

Plod On.

No comments: