Sunday, May 15, 2011

Project 365 – Day 134

Sunday May 15, 2011.

Run 132.

I woke up well before the rest of the family and enjoyed an hour or so of peace and quiet before fixing myself a coffee and a peanut butter and banana sandwich sans bread. It was time to head to the Running Room for the Sunday group run.  The group that I usually run with was heading out for a 21K run (pass) so I elected to run with the 11K group and one run of my favourite routes thru Griffith woods park.

May15Map

This is a really good run just over 8 miles long with an option of running half of it on paved or gravel paths thru the trees. I prefer the gravel route as it is easier on the legs. The City is doing a lot of work on the paths and they were in very good shape except for the initial crossing to get onto the gravel path. It was a little wet.

may15-1

There was actually an easier (read dryer) crossing just downstream in which my feet stayed dry. We ended up doing this 2x.

My leg held up Ok. I woke up with some muscle soreness in my back and a little stiffness in the hamstring, probably from the big hill yesterday.  But I did not feel any strain during the start of the run.  There were a few stabs during the run when I switched pace or had to run uphill but other than that it held.  Post run I am Again tender across the glute above the SI joint.

All in all a great run, 8.3 miles in 1:19

Plod On.

No comments: