Friday, May 20, 2011

Project 365 - Day 139

Friday May 20, 2011.

Run 137.

I should have ran a double last night but just not up to it. Today is my Son’s 12 B’day. It is hard to imagine that the years have flown by and how much fuller he has made my life.

Running, yup we did it today, although a little slow in leaving, which means I was a little late getting back and this delayed my wife leaving for work. Not a great way to start the day.  I did an extension of the run I did last Friday, with the dog again to make up the three miles.

May20Map

Again the dog was curious when off leash so I had to wait for her to satisfy her curiosity and was lagging behind me on the on leash part thru the streets (resistance training).  We got to see a bright orange sunrise on the trail part of the run and the footing was really good considering the heavy rain we got yesterday.

May20-2

The dog even posed for a quick picture with the sunrise in the back ground.

May20-1

This was early in the run later she was dragging as far behind me as the leash would allow. Now she is crashed in my office.

May20-3

Overall it was a pretty good run. A little slower than I would have liked with some stops for the dog etc.  The leg held up ok although it is a little tender right now, a couple of hours after the run. I could feel some pulling during the run but not enough to slow me down.  I ran the three miles in about 26 minutes so not a bad effort.

Plod On.

No comments: