Sunday, May 22, 2011

Project 365 – Day 139

Saturday May 21, 2011.

Run 137.

This is the run that just about did not happen. After a long night of not sleeping at my son’s birthday sleepover i was having difficulty finding the motivation to run. I did get dressed in my running kit and headed out close to 8:00 PM.  For some strange reason I decided to run the Douglass Fir trail which runs up and down the river valley just below our house.

May21Map

It was a dumb thing to do. This easy jog turned into a hamstring churning episode.  The run is pretty nice though and there are some great views.

May21-1

There are places that you look out and you can not forget you are in the middle of a booming city and then there are places where you could be running in the mountains.

May21-3

I took this next picture for comparison to a picture I took a month ago. This is today – note you can still some some ice holding on under the bridge.

May21-2

This is a similar view taken on March 5.  There is a difference.

Mar5-5

Overall it was a good run, I extended the run to make about 3.5 miles and thoroughly enjoyed an evening run for a change. I ad forgotten how pleasant it is to run at sunset and will have to repeat it again.

Plod On.

No comments: