Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Project 365 – Day 130

Wednesday May 11, 2011.

Run 127.

I fell asleep early last night well before 10:00 PM and woke before the alarm, just like yesterday. Must have been influenced by the excitement and fresh air of our first outdoor BBQ and eating dinner on the patio.  This the latest that I can remember.

Anyway I grabbed all my running gear being careful not to wake anyone and headed to the bathroom to get dressed.  It was all fine except I grabbed my treadmill shoes instead of my outdoor shoes. Back to get the shoes, then I could not locate the camera. It was looking like this run was jinxed.

Got geared up and headed out the door. The plan, (the one I came up with when I was heading for the door ) was for an easy four miles to recover a bit from the fast treadmill run yesterday. The route that I chose was a partial trail run which crosses the off leash park (read as watch you footing) before heading home.  From the start of the park there is a great view looking down the river valley towards downtown.

may11-1

And as a special bonus today the prairie crocuses were in bloom.  This happens early in the spring and only lasts for a couple of days.

may11-2

When I was a kid the fields would be full of these beautiful flowers for a week. I think that every Mom got a bouquet of them for her dining table.  Now as with everything else they are less prolific and need to be appreciated alive in their environment.

may11-3

The trail is one of my favs and follows a coulee that cuts up from the river valley and is a spectacular run.

may11-4

And it was very beautiful in the early morning sunshine.

It was a very cool run, first day I felt the warmth from the sun on my face that early in the morning.  And a decent effort considering all the stops for pictures.  4.5 miles in 39 minutes.

Plod On

No comments: