Monday, May 16, 2011

Project 365 – Day 135

Monday May 16, 2011.

Run 132.

I woke up feeling a little stiff from the weekends hard effort. I decided on a slow 3 miler with some trails (good for soft tissue) to aid recovery. I followed pretty much the same route as Friday, but added on a bit to make it a full 3 miles.

May16Map

This was a weird morning, I went to fire up my Garmin and got a low battery window right away, I must have left it on after yesterdays run. Then I went searching for my  camera and could not find it. I hit the trail feeling naked without the 2 things I rarely run without.

The run was typical except as I was running the trails through the woods along the ridge a porcupine was ambling up the trail towards me. (sorry no picture cause no camera) I continued on knowing that the beast would see me and head for the bushes. Unfortunately it was me who dashed into the bushes and let her pass as Ms Porcupine did not yield.

Both legs were tired today, I felt a charlie horse like feeling under my left glute running the one steep uphill. Everything else was normal for the rest of the run except it felt like my right leg was doing more work and I started to feel a tiredness in my right quad on the long gradual uphill. My stride on the right leg was 1/8 of a beat longer than the left.  Don’t know if this was cumulative tiredness or not.

Good Run 3 miles ??? minutes.

Plod On.

No comments: