Saturday, May 14, 2011

Project 365 – Day 133

Saturday May 14, 2011.

Run 131.

Wow what a cool day today, sunny with a chilly wind.  My wife and daughter headed out to ride the Empress steam train for a debugging trip. So my son and I did some chores and then for the first time ever he accompanied me on a run.  Now he did not run but he did ride his bike beside me carrying stuff like the cell phone and water.  The route we chose was a bout six miles long and ran down along the river then up the 300 foot elevation of the escarpment and along the ridge.

May14MAP

I chose the route to avoid the wind, but miscalculated and faced a headwind for the majority of the run along the river. Then faced the continuous uphill for the last few km.  It made for a toughish run.

MAY14-1

This is my son showing me how to ride hills. He raced ahead and disappeared from the view for the next picture.

May14-2

But I caught up with him before we made it to the top of the hill.  I guess you learn pace with age.

My hamstring felt fine for most of the run. Initially I felt a tenderness in the glute where the needles were inserted yesterday, then as I hit the first few ups a slight tightness in my hamstring.  As I strode down the hill to the river, there was a stitch like pain in my back right at the base of the rib cage. On the long uphill I felt a pull in the hamstring and a couple of sharp pains at the insertion point. Post run there was a tightness around my SI joints.

All in all a fun run, even though my camera battery died and I had to resort to phone pics.  It was great to do it with my son.  6 miles in 51 minutes.

Plod On.

No comments: